Sunday, May 1, 2011

Why It's Better To Be A Smartass...


My whole life, people have called me a smartass. Shocking I know. (See?!) And it's always said in the context of "You know, you're such a smart ass" and "Another smart ass-comment?"


I used to think maybe I needed to tone it down. Till I realized how many dazzlingly stupid people there are in the world. It got the gears turning...What's wrong with being a smartass? They act like there's something bad about being snarky and sarcastically wonderful. And it's way better than the alternative....which is the precise damn moment I started saying "It's better to be a smartass than a dumbass". 

So I am here, to mentor future generations of the sarcastically inclined in the ancient craft of word sorcery. Gather your pencils students, and try to shut your damn mouths for more than thirty seconds. Stick around...you might learn something.

No comments:

Post a Comment