Thursday, May 19, 2011

Share and Share Alike


When I was a kid, I was always taught to share. Share your toys, share your snack, share a secret.
I was an only child till I was six years old, so when I suddenly had a brother, then another a few years later, sharing became an important part of my childhood...and I hated it.



Now as an adult, I realize how important sharing is. Sharing information, sharing knowledge, sharing interests, sharing feelings and so on. It's gotten a lot more complicated! One thing I try to do, is share things I am interested in, or passionate about, which is why I started Rose And The City. It is with that segue that I ask my readers to do two things:

1) If you enjoy my blog, or if you find a particular post really resonates with you, share it with someone you know will appreciate it. The most rewarding thing as a writer is finding that there are other people who value your words, and especially when they value it enough to pass it on! It's like a great secret that I am whispering to the world in an international game of "telephone".

2) Equally as important, please check out not only the other blogs I have linked in my sidebar, but also the blogs of some of my AWESOME followers. Without them, I would have a very lonely page floating alone in cyberspace. Same goes for them, if you find one you like, tell a friend.

I try to respond to each comment that is made, because I cherish each one, good or bad, and love that people take extremely valuable time out of their hectic days to read my words. It means so much to me, and I want to acknowledge each and every one whenever possible.

I only ask that you please remember to credit the writing where credit is due. Link back to the original blog and give credit to whatever creative mind weaved those words. But share freely and know that the best "advertising" that a writer can have is that of word of mouth. I write because I enjoy it, and I want to share it with the world. I can only do that with the help of my AWESOME readers.

Please leave comments if you have any suggestions to improve your Rose and The City experience, or if you love it, tell me what it is you enjoy about it. Don't forget to check out the blogs of those who comment by clicking on their name! Thanks, and have a GREAT rest of your week!

5 comments:

  1. Aww Thanks Amy! :) You're pretty awesome yourself, Superlady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still a fairly new reader of your blog, but I'm enjoying it so far. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said. I find myself responding to blogs I read when the authors do something as simple as asking a question or urging me to comment. I guess I'm just obedient that way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christi, I am glad you found my blog and keep coming back! :)
    Sharyn- Well I will just have to be bossy then so you keep coming back! ;)

    ReplyDelete