In these difficult economic times, everyone claims to be broke. CEO's and companies whine every day that they have no money, and therefore have to lay people off or beg for a bailout. But those of us at the tail end of the food chain know what broke REALLY feels like.
In care you are uncertain if you are really truly broke, I have compiled a list.
The following are the Top Ten Ways To Tell If You're Broke.
10. You make Hamburger Helper...without the hamburger. (side note: Should you just call it Helper?)
9. You ponder how many ways there are to prepare Ramen noodles without gagging when you eat them for the 30th night in a row.
8. You scrounge the couch cushions for change for a gallon of gas
7. You eat cereal without milk, using water instead.
6. You have contemplated if cotton balls are edible.
5. You know that flour plus water can make some kind of baked good, and you also know it tastes terrible.
4. You debate subletting your garage to your friend to live in for a little extra cash.
3. You debate moving into your friend's garage for the cheap rent
2. Your local sperm bank knows when your rent is due.
1. You whore your cat out, giving him a Twitter page, and hope it will go viral, making you millions.
But in all seriousness...what do you do to save money? How do you make ends meet when things are REALLY tight?