Monday, August 25, 2008

A Taste of the Good Life


ahhhhh.

The sigh of relaxation. I just came back from a fantastic weekend at Shelter Island. The family was going anyway for vacation, and since Annie (my aunt, see last post) passed away and that was her favorite place, it was only appropriate for us to keep the plans in tact.

Shelter Island, is a little known island off the coast of Greenport, NY. It's a very quaint town. They say if you want to "be seen" you go to the Hamptons, if you want to relax like a celeb, you go to Shelter Island. The water is beautiful, the beaches are pristine...everything is great. We had a seafood and steak barbeque on the beach.

Its even greater, when you get an invitation from the CFO of Sbarro (my dad's cousin Robert) to stay at his multi-million dollar beach house in Greenport rather than a stuffy tiny beach house with 20 of your closest relatives. Yes, Grandma, Cousin Nancy and I were invited to the Koebele estate, which is nothing short of breathtaking. Sun pours in every window, and every room has a skylight. The expansive deck leads down to the private dock off the canal lined with exquisite yachts.

Then upon returning to Shelter Island via ferry Saturday morning, we hit the beach again this time I took a ride on the boat. We had the Hobie as well as the powerboat. Since on the catamaran you can see the water below you, I elected to go on the power boat. Wind whipping my hair and the sun blasting down while speeding through the bay. Amazing!

I will post the pics as soon as I get them uploaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment