Saturday, July 26, 2008

Burning skin, Burning Marlboros and Burning rubber


Alright, so I have to admit, I have been a little teeny bit too excited about the pool, and I have been bragging because its way exciting to have a pool at my disposal (nyah nyah nyah nyah!). HOWEVER, some of you will be happy to know that today, I went a little too far.

I spent a little over 4 hours in the pool today, with nothing between my half Irish ass and the sun but a measly SPF 15. Overall, I had a good base, so I just look like Pocahontas...but my thighs....yeah...ouch. I wish I could say my inner thighs are always getting sun, but um, they aren't.


Big news of the day though, is that Uncle Jerry has so innocently promised to let me drive the cuda (the 1974 Barracuda....red.....oh yes) IF I quit smoking.

Goodbye Marlboros...its been real!

In case you haven't seen "THE Cuda" you can check it out here: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2p3si/cuda/


mmmmmmhmmm.


So far this NY thing isn't turning out half bad. I have to make it into the city once I have a steady paycheck and I need to make it to the ocean and swim at Jones Beach. Maybe after this burn heals...



1 comment:

  1. while this seems counterintuitive, use coconut oil on sunburn. I got some mild sunburn last week and applied coconut oil three times a day. Rather than it stay red, not, and tight-feeling, the sunburn faded,didn't hurt to the touch after about 36 hours, and mostly didn't peel.

    ReplyDelete