Saturday, July 2, 2011

Letter To Our Exes: Part 2



If you haven't already read Part One Yesterday please check that out first before reading!

Letter To Our Exes, Continued:

I hope she was worth it.

     We have come a long way from where we were, and an even longer way from where we started. Despite the fact that we play nice and co-parent well, there is an open wound that won't heal and it's time I acknowledge it. 

     You didn't tell me not to go. 

Not once.

     When I started packing weeks in advance, you just laughed and asked "what's that for?" When I told you, you just shook your head and said "Whatever."

     When I went through the house and tagged the items that I would be taking and asked you to state any objections you may have so there would be no arguments later, you just said "that's fine" and walked out. 

     When I packed the car and took our daughter and told you I would be back for the rest in the morning, you just said "Ok". 

     When the movers came and the truck was loaded, you just stood there and didn't speak. 

     As I pulled out of the drive way crying, you just turned away. 
     All you needed to do was say "Don't go!"

     And I would have stayed.  

     You once asked why I had stopped talking to you and I didn't respond, so here's your answer: I figured after being your dirty little secret, there would be some chance of you getting together with me again. However, you instead decided that starting a romantic relationship with your father was a better idea.

     That's actually just one answer in a string of them. All I can say is that I hope you're enjoying Europe. It sure feels good on this end to know there's an entire ocean between me and crazy.

C - Thank you for breaking up with me. While it broke my 15 year old heart to pieces at the time and set me on a path of self destruction for a little bit, I look at how you turned out and am SO GLAD we aren't still together!

T - Thank you for always being there for me. It sucked that we broke up, it sucked that I wasn't ready to try again when you were and vice versa, but I still consider you one of my best friends. I just wish that you hadn't made that promise to your wife, because I would love to meet her and your kids!

D - WTF possessed me?? And to fall for the lie that caused me to lose my virginity to you... actually I can say thank you for that - that helped me have some truly amazing experiences after you...

J - you were probably not good for me and it would probably have never worked out in the long run, but thank you for teaching me to fall in love again, and the true meaning of dance.

G - thank you for realizing that your best friend was in love with me and breaking up with me. With all his faults he is an amazing man and father to my child.

It's unfair that our souls were so mercilessly divided but our hearts remain as one!! Until we meet again....... xoxo 

PS. You were right. I DID find someone who would treat me better than you did. 

Sincerely-
   
     The united voices of the ones who loved you once upon a time.

1 comment:

  1. This was a great idea, to let everyone just put it out there. All the things we should have said and didn't at the time. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete