Sunday, March 20, 2011

Getting Crafty Part 2: The Finale

Well you all asked for it, so here it is: the finished product!


I am quite pleased with the final result. It's not really hard to make, just somewhat time consuming. After teh last set of photos all I did was finish tufting, and then i put a little dollop of glue on each button on the back side, to help hold all the thread in place so nothing came undone. Then all I did was screw on a Z-hanger (from Target) meant to hang large mirrors and hung it on the wall. This could have been mounted to the bedframe, but I wasn't sure how to go about that, plus my bedframe is a little old and the mounting brackets were warped. 
The initial reviews were good
Bear decided he liked it. 

Alternate view with the lights on. It's hard to tell the color, but its a light silvery gray.




Thanks to everyone for following along on this project with me. It's been fun but I am glad it's over. Now time to start planning the next project.... Andrew agrees!





No comments:

Post a Comment