Tuesday, October 28, 2008

So...How Was YOUR Morning?



What a beautiful way to start my Tuesday morning. As you may or may not know, the last few days, my beloved dog Bear (aka Bear Bear) has been pooping in the house every morning. I thought it was a behavorial thing, so I have been trying to re-housetrain him, cutting back his food, no water after 9pm, no table scraps, etc, etc, etc to no avail.

We have realized it was the dog food that Nana bought that wasn't sitting well with either of them. Probably because its the cheaper one that is usually on sale. :(


So this morning I wake up to the unmistakable *thunk* of...well... poop hitting the floor. This was at precisely 7 o'plop in the morning.


I leap out of bed, still half asleep but eyes wide open leaping about the room grabbing pants and shoes to get the dog outside. I can't find my shoes. As Dane Cook would say, "Fuck shoes!" I throw the bedroom door open and race into the hallway...to find the kitchen covered in poop as well...


...poop...that could not possibly belong to my dog, who had been locked in my bedroom all night.


Where's Shadow (nana's dog)? Hiding in the tv room. AHA, so its not been ONLY my dog all along.





So barefoot and in a tank top and yoga pants I leap over the assorted poops and out the door with Bear and outside we go. I stand barefoot in the freezing rain waiting.....


............and waiting...........nothing.


Finally I can no longer stand the cold, so I put Bear's leash in the door and close it so that he is outside and the door is closed securely on the leash. I race upstairs, grab shoes and a coat and race back down the stairs......to witness bear pooping ALL over the front steps. I go BACK upstairs to get paper towels to clean, and Shadow is dancing at the door again. You have GOT to be kidding me.


So I take them both out and the both go AGAIN (this is a period of maybe 15-20 minutes). What the hell? Are the dogs posessed by poop deamons??


The rest of the morning consisted of trying to get a few more minutes of shut eye. Notice I said trying. It didn't work. Bear (now soaking wet from the rain) decided HE, not I, belonged laying on my bed. Ah, the joys of owning a dog.



And you thought YOUR morning was "shitty".

No comments:

Post a Comment